1. What happens to my registration if LAKE GARDA 42 is cancelled?
In case of a complete cancellation of LAKE GARDA 42, as far as the cancellation is the responsibility of the organizer or an official approval is not granted due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, the participants can demand a refund of the registration fee.
2. How do I get the refund of my registration fee after LAKE GARDA 42 had been cancelled?
If you are already registered for LAKE GARDA 42 and have paid the entry fee in full, your refund will be made automatically to the bank details you have provided us with, without you having to take any action yourself. If, contrary to expectations, we should still need information from you, we will contact you. A cash payment is not possible. The refund will be processed within a few days.
3. Where do I apply for the Free Sport Card?
If you need a Free Sport Card, you will need to book and pay for it when you register for the run via the registration portal. We will then receive your details to activate your Free Sport Card for the duration of the run.
4. Does the medical certificate have to be issued by a sports physician?
No, the certificate can also be issued by your primary care doctor. However, it must confirm your fitness to participate in competitive sporting activities (marathon/half marathon) according to the Italian legislation. Please note that for participating in LAKE GARDA 42, regardless of the distance you run, the medical certificate about your health condition is mandatory! Without it you are not allowed to start. You can find a template of the certificate here, as well as more information in the conditions of participation.
5. Which is the minimum age for participating in LAKE GARDA 42?
In order to participate in the marathon LG42 the minimum age is 20 years old. For the half marathon LG21, as well as the relay LG2x21, the participant must have turn 18.
6. Is transportation from one location to another included in the registration fee?
It is our aim to provide free transportation between the different locations of LAKE GARDA 42 for all participants. Once we have more information on this, they will be published on our website as well as our social media channels.
7. Will there be transportation services between Limone and Malcesine provided during LAKE GARDA 42?
Yes. We are constantly working on organising transportation services for the participants from one place and another and are in constant contact with the local authorities. As soon as we have more information on this, they will be published on our website as well as our social media channels.
8. Where and when can I pick up my Race Package?
The Race Package can be picked up on Friday, 01.04.2022, from 15:00 to 20:00 and on Saturday, 02.04.2022, from 12:00 to 20:00 at the Rocca in Riva del Garda. It will not be possible to pick up the Race Package on race day.
9. Are there accommodation packages and special arrangements with hotels?
10. I had registered for a past edition of the Lake Garda Marathon, which was then unfortunately cancelled. I am still waiting for a refund of the registration fee. What can I do?
Unfortunately, at the moment, it is not possible for us to hand out free registrations to LAKE GARDA 42 or refunds for the already paid registration fees to Lake Garda Marathon 2018. LAKE GARDA 42 is organized by a new company; thus, the marathon is not in any ways connected to the old organizer. We are aware of the problems regarding the reimbursement of the registration fees of past editions and we understand your frustration and anger for not receiving your money back and probably any answer at all. The current health situation regarding Covid-19 and the risk that we are currently undergoing by organizing the marathon, made it hard to take the decision of not offering a refund or starting place to past participants. However, we suggest you to keep following us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter, since there could be future updates regarding a possible compensation or discount codes.